10 reasons you are rich
In these times of financial crisis, we care too much about material things. Still, we are richer than we think…
- You didn’t go to sleep hungry last night.
- You didn’t go to sleep outside.
- You had a choice of what clothes to wear this morning.
- You hardly broke a sweat today.
- You didn’t spend a minute in fear.
- You have access to clean drinking water.
- You have access to medical care.
- You have access to the Internet.
- You can read.
- You have the right to vote.
This particular list really got me thinking. I have a house, I’m warm, I have food and can eat whenever I want, I have clean clothes everyday, and still I worry about ‘not making my test’ or ‘how do I look today?’. When I think of third world countries, I cannot even imagine what they must be thinking everyday. They live such different lives eventhough everyone lives in 2011. It makes me want to go there so badly, to at least show that I care and that I am willing to help where ever I can. And I think I will go there. Someday.
Some people might consider you rich because of these reasons. Just be grateful for all the things you have, cause other people might not even have that.